Hacktoberfest - Issue#3 PR#3

It's been already 3rd week of October and this is mean that Hacktoberfest is going to an end just in 11 days. More PR and more lines of coding, different projects and different problems all this is very familiar to anybody who are in Open Source and specially for the one who participate in Hacktoberfest.

In Lab 3 the main task is same as in Lab 1 and Lab 2 it's to find an issue, fix it and create Pull Request. As other times this could not go smoothly. My Lab 2 was base on the contribution to the WordPress Gutenberg project. In Lab 3 I've decided to keep working on the same project but I picked different issue.

What was the issue about.

To use the proper terms in code to match the Designer Handbook of Gutenberg project. In the project there are terms "inspector" and "sidebar" which have same meaning. The task was to change name "inspector" to "sidebar". Only JS itself contains 67 files that has name "inspector".


I commented on this issue to provide some clarifications but till now I did not get any respond. I went through this issue many times, read referenced issue and fix and also study the Designer Handbook. All together this process took me 2 days. In the end I find the solution to this issue. I haven't change all the files that have name "inspector" but just in 2 that are related to each other







The reason why I haven't change them all is because there are many very detailed work special when I will have to reference files I also not sure about changing the file names. That's why I worked only on 2 files and create a Pull Request for the work I have done. Now I'm waiting for the respond and if my thinking is correct and will be approved by the member of the project I will work on correcting all other files.

Outcome:

- I have learned that in order to fix issue I have to to study not just issue itself but also any related documents that referenced in that issue.
- It is better to work on the project that already set up on the local machine because it saves time and this time can be dedicated to work on the issue itself instead of settings.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hacktoberfest - Issue #1, Pull Request #1

Hacktoberfest

Java Console App with AWS and JDBC as a database connector