Back on Track or working on the Table Reservation Application

Table Reservation Application is an application with many features. One of the most important features is to reserve a table online and send the form to the restaurant. All summer me and my other two teammates try to accomplish many milestones of this project but due to heavy loads from other subject not everything was implemented. Two months I could not sleep without writing lines of code in order to complete this project. In the end this is how many lines of code I wrote and delete. 
Even it is looks like a lot of line of code in the end of the day many features were left out. It hurts me to see that such a beautiful idea was not implemented till the end. Beside that, contributing to the project help me to learn many new things and be on top of the technologies. For example I was able to learn angular material UI. This application was desighn for PRJ666 course in order to graduate from Seneca college with Computer Programming and Analysis diploma. This mean that if I decide to have database in my application (obviously I must have database) the server will be provided by school and once this class is over database server will not be available anymore.

This issue stop me from contributing to the project at the beginning. Now I found server that allowes me to create database (for free) with some limitations of course. Today I test my backend and it is working. For now I just test one route that was previously created but using new database. In the Table Reservation application I have 18 tables so I will have to recreate them all again. As all this project was documented last winter including script for the database all I have to do just copy and paste into the command line (of course in the proper order) 

I will continue to work on the features of this application as well as writing posts about my achivements.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hacktoberfest - Issue #1, Pull Request #1

Release 0.6

Hacktoberfest