Hacktoberfest

Few more days till October will knock into our windows. Before I start my OSD600 month of October was the month when all celebration begins (Thanksgiving Day, Halloween, preparation for Christmas and Christmas itself). This year everything is different. For many new programmers and programmers who new to open source development this is the month to challenge ourselves in Hacktoberfest.

My very first challenge is to pick a proper issue. I never thought that it will be that hard. It's been already 2 weeks since I start looking into this. And every time I can't decide what will be a good start. This is the time when emotion overlaps with knowledge. On one side I want to pick something that I would like to do but on the other side the fear that my Pull Request will not be excepted make me nervous. After searching through so many issues on the GitHub i pick few issue I will work.

My first goal for this challenge is to gain confidence in programming, in the end of the day this is the field I pick to study and work in. I think Hecktoberfest is the good start.

My second goal and expectation from this event is to collaborate with programmers who have been working in this field for a long time.

My third goal is to contribute to the real projects on the GitHub and also contribute to the companies that are world wide recognized. That's why I pick to work on the Mozilla open source projects.

1. Show percentage for bucket sampling (delivery console)

2. Add comment field for recipes (delivery console)

3. Google images of ...  " command doesn't display images in Google Images

In the end i would like to wish all participants of Hecktoberfest good, and I hope this month will be very productive and successful for every coder.

I will be posting more articles about issues I'm working on and my progress.
My GitHub profile

https://github.com/lozinska

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release 0.6

Hacktoberfest - Issue #1, Pull Request #1