Release 0.6

Going back to Telescope.
Between release 0.5 and 0.6 I was working on the Telescope project. I was assign to few issues during the 2 weeks period. 
My first issue was to add test to make sure our application starts. This issue reference to the page where possibly I can look for solution. Ideally issue-363 should solve: a) make sure that our app is working b) allowed to hit correct root.

After reading examples and documentation I have learned that there is 'start-serve-and-test' npm package that starts server, waits for URL, then runs test command; when tests end, shuts down server. 

How to use this package:
Install this package npm i start-server-and-test
Add command to the script. In my case Telescope already has command to start server and command for the tests.
This way I just had to combine both commands into one that I named "CI" and add localhost. 
Indeed this package did not solve the intention of the issue I was working on. This package run tests on the background 
when the server is started. Even I did not solve this issue as author idea was but I have learned something new.

My other issue that I worked for Release 0.6 was cleaning up package.json on the frontend and gatsby-config.js. 


Mainly this issue include removing boiler plate from the existing files.

I also was assign to another 2 issues. One of them is to create React component that would count the number of words in a blog post and other is to investigate on the Mercury parser. React component is ready and soon I will create a blog post once I'm done with test for that and Mercury parser deserved separate blog post because there are many interesting things that I would like to talk about.  

Comments

  1. Thank you for your informative post!!!
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hacktoberfest - Issue #1, Pull Request #1

Hacktoberfest